June 1, 2014

It's a Boy!

We waited to tell the kids that we were having a new baby until I was 14 weeks along. It's a good thing too because the next day Ashley had already announced it to just about everyone and I was glad that we were ready for that.
~
Then we had another 4 or 5 weeks to wait for the unltrasound to know baby's gender. The kids all wanted a boy so bad. As mom to the new baby I really didn't care what we got because I'm so grateful for what I already have and knew there would be lots of pros to either but, as mom to Andrew I was hoping, hoping, hoping it would be a boy. We tried to prep everyone for a girl so that they wouldn't be disappointed. 
~
The big day came and Dave and I were beyond amazed when the ultrasound tech quickly showed us that it is a boy! And what a wriggle worm boy he is! He was so active that she made several comments about it and later when the doctor came to do his own look he said he needed to get a caffeinated drink to try to keep up. He'll fit in perfectly.
~
That afternoon before school was out for Andrew we made a cake then the girls napped or watched a show while I frosted the inside with blue frosting and a quick coat of white on the outside. Ashley helped add more frosting and as many blue and pink sprinkles as she could fit. Then we waited for Andrew and Dave to be home.
 Andrew and Ashley both got a knife and cut right in. 
 Blue Frosting! It's a boy! They were all so excited. Ashley especially, who is enthusiastic and wears her emotions on her sleeve. Andrew is and was thrilled too but, didn't show it as much. He did say that the new baby boy will be his new best friend and that made me smile. 
This is the only picture I took of Katie during the cake fun. Katie doesn't have any idea what we're up to but I love this expression because it is probably how she will feel once a new baby comes along and pushes her status from baby of the family to one of the middle children. 
Here he is!

1 comment:

Jill said...

So fun. Congrats. That is so exciting!!!