When Ashley entered her painting in the Reflections contest she said "Of course I'm going to win mom, I'm an artist!" I didn't know what to say. You can imagine my happy surprise to hear that she had in fact won! She was one of 3 winners for the art category for K-3 grades, and there were sooo many entries, I think like 60 or 80...I can't remember but, it was a lot. I was thrilled for her! I kept the secret until her name was announced at the assembly. She received a nice medal with her name on it too.
~
What's more is that we just got a letter in the mail saying that her painting has gone on and won the next level of competition! We'll go to some award ceremony next week and see what that means. It's so exciting for her!
The art winners: Ashley, Mary and Isaac.
(She is holding the art sideways, it is a vertical painting.)
Andrew didn't want to do an art project back on the evening we worked on it just before it was due but, I pushed him to. He sure was glad he did when his name was called to come up, take his project, receive a ribbon and a cookie just for participating. The reflections committee did such a great job of quickly giving each participant recognition and then giving the winners some extra. Since I was there I got to see the sad faces of the kids who didn't participate and realized that last year Andrew didn't and must have been pretty sad.
Katie should win a prize for cutest baby! That day she won for cutest cheering fan.
At home we continued to relish in Ashley's success. It was such a fun, sweet experience to see her be celebrated for her art that she loves so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment