This year I was determined to spend very, very little on Halloween costumes. I bought Andrew this Skeleton costume for less than $15 on a whim and was pleasantly surprised when he said he liked it and was happy with it each time he put it on.
Ashley surprised everyone when she found her Jasmine costume in Nana's dress-ups and wanted to be a princess! It was partly because Princess Jasmine has pet tiger Raja. Ashley is a lover of dogs, dinos, horses, bugs, art, adventures, getting dirty, and playing with boys. But, she has grown so much and also loves jewelry, tea parties, some princess things, and lots of sort-of girly things she used to hate. Hailey was happy as could be to wear Ashley's old Owl suit and she looked as darling as could be.

The Ward Trunk or Treat
Ash loved having Raja to bring everywhere with her
Ashley's class sang some Halloween songs for the parents. Ashley is one of just seven girls in the class of 22 kids (the afternoon class is the opposite). Luckily, she loves boys and girls and does just great. She even gets calls for play dates with these cute boys.
She was darling and it was so fun. Afterwards she was so funny because even though Dave and I were both there with cars she insisted on still riding the bus home...even though only one other kid would be on the kindergarten bus with her! Another fun thing was the first graders were out for recess and we got to spend a few minutes giving hugs to sweet Andrew, watching him and all his buddies having fun. Andrew is super sweet and loves to have us at his school. I know it won't last forever and I don't take for granted that he runs to hug me with all his friends around. I love going in to the classrooms! Seeing him at recess felt like a special treat.
The School Halloween Parade, this is a terrible picture but, he best I have. Ash is right behind her best boy-friend, Nathan, the BYU football player.
Ready to Trick or Treat
Daddy and Katie too
The first house
We have so many awesome neighbors willing to share all their dogs with our girls!
Such a cute cupcake!
These rock stars trick or treated for 3 hours and got way too much candy! Dave took them the first half, then I drove to them and we switched. Finally they decided they were done, which was good since porch lights were starting to go out. Dave came and picked us up so we couldn't have to make the long walk up the hill.
Dave's witches brew
Another Happy Happy Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment