Our beautiful Hailey is already almost 4 weeks old! I'm wondering if I missed it because it feels like about maybe 2 weeks (maybe)! Life with 3 has been really good! The transition from 2 to 3 kids has been a lot easier on me than from 1 to 2. She is a darling baby. She eats well, sleeps pretty well and is cuddly, cuddly, cuddly.
~
We each took turns being sick starting about 3 days after Hailey came home; eye infections, fevers, and sore throats. It was pretty awful trying to safeguard our newborn from her siblings for two weeks but, luckily she only caught what seemed like a mild cold. It's over now - hooray, and I re-learned a good lesson too: keep all sick people away, especially when you have a newborn!
~
We each took turns being sick starting about 3 days after Hailey came home; eye infections, fevers, and sore throats. It was pretty awful trying to safeguard our newborn from her siblings for two weeks but, luckily she only caught what seemed like a mild cold. It's over now - hooray, and I re-learned a good lesson too: keep all sick people away, especially when you have a newborn!
~
The pictures below are in chronological order, which is why this post is really long, and seems to have no order at all.
Look at these beautiful sisters! I can't get over how grown up my Ashley is. When did that happen?Ashley is incredibly caring, sweet and soft to Hailey, more than I could've imagined. She loves her and doesn't show any signs of jealousy. Ashley is very possessive of Hailey and doesn't like when other people hold her. I hope they are lifelong best friends.
Andrew started preschool! He has two teachers, Miss Julie and Miss Tami. Here he is at the orientation day.
Andrew has several friends in his class, which is really nice. He has been apprehensive to go without me but, always goes willingly and comes home smiling. Below Andrew is posed with Lance and Owen.
Wouldn't it be incredible to know what babies dream about? This must have been a pleasant dream. Poor Hailey scratched her forehead but, it healed up quickly.
Look at that crazy hair! I love the expressions below.
Andrew and Ashley have been good sports with all the down time around here. They keep each other pretty entertained and no one complains when their hair doesn't get combed :)
Hailey spent the first 3 weeks of her life sleeping. She was incredibly easy. It was pretty exciting to catch a picture with her eyes open!
Little Miss Accessory - I love this girl!
Ready for Preschool! He is so cute!
The "Shake your bum, bum, Shake your bum, bum" pose. I have about a million of these.
Still Sleeping!
Andrew is playing soccer again this fall. He is a super aggressive little guy at everything he does, except for soccer. He is getting the hang of it more and more and says he likes it too, so we're happy.
Andrew and his teammate (and great buddy) Livie. You can't see it but, Andrew has an awesome black eye. He took a hard fall on our hearth and was lucky to escape with just a big black eye. It was so swollen that I kept him home from preschool the next day.
Hailey really woke up at 3 weeks old. She has big, pretty, blue eyes and the cutest dimple on her right cheek. She has tons of beautiful dark hair. She loves to be held non-stop - good thing she's so cute!
I've never had a baby that would take a binky! On the advise of my good friend Hillary I'm going to try it and see how we do. So far Hailey seems to like her binky. The hard thing is remembering to give it to her - it's just so foreign to me.
Here are some other notables, for record keeping of course :)*Dave took Andrew and Ashley to the State Fair. Hailey and I enjoyed a night home alone.
*Dave took Andrew and Ashley to the Circus. Hailey and I could get used to these quiet nights home alone.
*We've ventured to the park, zoo and library. Surprisingly, the park and zoo went well and the library was painful.
*I took the kids to a doctor's appointment that started at 10:00 am. Between the 3 of them they endured 2 easy physicals, 2 sad flu shots, 1 set of horrible kindergarten immunizations, 1 grueling PKU test, 2 pretty major meltdowns, 1 exhausted mom, and nearly 2 hours. Phew, at least it's over.
*Andrew was part of his first Primary Program at Church :)
*Andrew taught Ashley how to climb out of her crib :(
*Ashley grew up a little more this week when she went for her first real play dates. She wasn't with family or at an immediate neighbors house and I wasn't there. On the day she went to Kate's house she was so excited she asked and asked about it all morning! She ran to get in the car and didn't look back. I felt so happy for her! She fell down pretty hard on the sidewalk before she got to the car and it was as if she thought that crying might keep her from going, so she jumped up and climbed in the car without a tear. Her smile was contagious.
*When Ashley was climbing on the table (like always) Andrew said "Ashley, look at yourself, you're not a monkey you're a kid". Now, every time she climbs on the table Ashley reminds us "I a monkey"
*Ashley imitates everything Andrew says and does. Andrew asked, "do you want a piece of me?" and a few minutes later Ashley pointed at Dave with both hands and asked "Piece of Me?"




4 comments:
I'm so glad you are having a good transition to 3 kids. You have such a cute family! Fun to see all of your end of summer pictures. We'll have to get together for a playdate soon!
Leslie! You are the bomb! Way to go with your kids--it sounds like it is a fun, exhausting, wonderful time! You are right, Ashley does look so grown up next to Hailey.
Way to go! It is nice that the newborn sleeps so much at first so you can adjust a little easier! I am curious what the recommendation for the binky is. I have not done binkys with any of my kids, and so I just wonder about your decision to try a binky now. Kinda random question probably. Anyway, WAY TO GO on another beautiful child!
Cute cute. I need a copy of that picture with the teacher. Hailey is sooo cute! Let me know when you are available and we will try to get a cute photo for your announcement!
Post a Comment