February 22, 2010

Happy 30th BDay Dave....and the month of February

February is not my favorite month but, it is the Birthday of my favorite person! Happy Birthday to sweet Dave! Oh how I love you! Sadly, Dave's birthday came and went while I still felt pretty prego sick so I'm sad that I just couldn't pull together the grand celebration I'd have liked but, we still had lots of fun and even got to go on a date alone. Andrew created this fabulous playdough and crayon birthday cake all by himself; isn't it incredible?!
Dave's Birthday is the 13th, so always an extension of Valentine's Day and this year, also over shadowed by Chinese New Year which his family celebrates but, at least he got President's day off the following Monday. I'm feeling more than a little guilty that Dave's Birthday gifts were about half of what I received last month for mine, and yet he doesn't mind one bit. Dave is such a wonderful husband and father, we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE him! Happy Birthday!
Andrew's play dough is cause for celebration...it was one of his rewards for successfully mastering the potty 3 times in a row. Andrew is now POTTY TRAINED!!! He is awesome! He prefers the big potty now, usually pees standing up, and rarely has an accident. The funny thing is that he still hates underpants and so he does NOT wear them. That's right, he's got a cute naked bum and pants and nothing in between. I'm on the hunt for size 3 boxers but, no luck yet. Each time the toilet flushes it is sweet music to my ears.
The kids love to play the Wii with Dave. Notice their high tech balance boards and remotes...can you tell what they're standing on? Plastic lids. It's so perfect and fun, and it's always everyone's turn!
Happy Valentine's Day from this cute little sweetheart!
Ashley is such a lovey little Valentine. She gives the best kisses and hugs, what a cuddly!
My Sweet Andrew. He had so much fun coloring on Valentine's cards for friends and even more fun receiving cards and candy back from his cute little buddies. He would open a card and be SOO excited, just about the card or a candy heart and say 'Oh, Thank You!' with complete sincerity.
Thanks to birthdays and haircuts we've had no shortage of balloons around our house this month. Balloons always make Ashley smile.
And lastly, we can't get enough of our cousins. Is there anything better than cousins? Nope, no way. Thanks to year round school we get to see our Herriman cousins a bit when they are off track, which turns Andrew into a deliriously happy little spazz! On this cold day we resorted to a movie with 4 of the 5 on the LovSac. Here are Ashley and Andrew with Ethan and Alyssa, 2 of Shawn's 3 cute kids.
We love these fun cousins too, and love that they live about 3 minutes away! Their parents went on a cruise and we got to play with them all 4 nights in a row while Nana and Papa took care of them. Callie, Ashley, Lizzie, Andrew and Joe, watching a movie and eating brownies - Yum!  
All in all February has been a wonderful month really...I've heard my baby's heartbeat a few times, have now begun to come out of feeling sick all the time, celebrated Dave's big 30th BDay and Valentine's, Andrew has mastered the potty and feels great about himself each time, and have had many fun outings and playdates with great friends. So, despite the cold that seems to continue on and on and on, we are doing well, though I cant' help but look forward a few more weeks to warmer days.

2 comments:

Lanes said...

your family is so cute! And I love the plastic lids!!! I am going to have to try it!

Kristin said...

What great and fun pictures! Love the idea for the wii! We are going to have to get a plastic lid for Fisher! Love it!