October 16, 2009

Way to go Dave!


Dave ran in the St. George Marathon again this year, making this his 5th Marathon! I'm so proud of him; what an accomplishment. I used to love to run and now I'm not sure I could run to the end of the block, let alone 26.2 miles, five times! Way to go Dave, we're proud of you!
We spent the weekend in St. George and despite the fact that I'm not in a single picture, I was there too. We liked going to the Temple grounds and swimming at the hotel pool and the kids loved jumping off everything in the hotel room.

 I don't want to be rude but, I'm not sure why people like St. George so much, there really isn't much to do except shop and eat (at the same stores and restaurants we have here). If we had more time we'd have liked to have gone into Zion's, which I do really like. If you love St. George please tell me why, so next time we go I have some ideas.

 We didn't have enough time to go far and it was really crowded that weekend. Between the marathon and the Priesthood session of Conference, the kids and I had lots of time without Dave around. When I was out of ideas we went to the Fiesta Fun Center, which I grade as moderately fun. For little kids like mine, it's a padded McDonalds playland that costs money.

Other than that, we hit the pool several times, some playgrounds, ate out a lot and were happy to congratulate Dave on another awesome marathon!

3 comments:

Matt said...

We like St. George, basically because it's somewhere else than HERE! We don't get out much, so even if it's just to ST.G then we're pretty excited!

Sarah said...

I agree, it's pretty boring, as you know, I'd much prefer Lake Powell or the beach, but since my in-laws are St. Georgers it has become a very regular and frequent destination for me. Apparently the appeal is year round golf, at least that's why we go. Too bad I stink at golf.

Annie Van Komen Albrecht said...

Go Dave. That is so great. It is nice to just get away and change up the normal routine.