October 22, 2017

October 2017 - Part 1

These kids find a way to make even the most mundane thing fun. These 4 made a storage bucket into a giggly, fun game. 
Nate has always gone to bed easily at night in his crib. Then one night he wasn't feeling well, or maybe had a bad dream and woke up crying so I brought him into bed with me. He sure liked that and he has gotten into a bad habit of waking up in the middle night and yelling "Mom" as loud as he can. I love his warm, cuddly cuteness and so I haven't worked to stop it. Katie comes in about half the time too. Dave says he can hardly sleep with them but, I don't mind at all. 
 Katie made me this sweet pot holder at preschool back on Mother's Day. I snapped a picture to remember. 
 Ashley and Dave were able to use the fancy work tickets for the Jazz game. They had awesome seats and dinner included. She loved it! 
Soccer Saturday. Here's Katie jumping for joy! 
Nate's the cutest fan around! 
 Dave, Andrew and I went to a Utah game. It was a boring game but, we had fun.
I love that handsome face! 
 Red Ribbon week at school. This is wear Red Day. 
 Katie has grown tired of me taking pictures of her cute face and outfits before preschool. This day I asked her to let me take her picture when she got of the car but, she made a run for it instead. Haha. I had to laugh! 
 Ward playdate at a park. Nate's in the blue jacket with Landon R, Katie and Tate M. 
Picking Katie up from Edie's birthday party
Top Golf for the family thanks to Dave's work. It's super fun and the kids loved it! 
 Red Ribbon Week, crazy sock day. 
We made a very rushed trip to Gardner Village to see the Halloween Witches. Ashley was at dance but, she had already gone with the Ward Activity Days group. October is such a busy month with school, lessons, sports, homework and regular life that it gets hard to fit in all the fun things. 
 Cute Hailey. She sure is spunky and fun! 
And Hailey sure has an amazing big sister! 
Nate loves his pirate sword so much! Almost as much as his 2 gray elephant blankies. 
Crazy Hair Day
A visit to the Evergreen Park. We brought Jerusha along too.  
The Jog-a-Thon! The kids run as many laps as they can in 20 minutes to raise money. 
Hailey got the most laps of any first grader with 16 laps! It was so awesome to see her working and trying so hard. I think she wanted to be like her big brother and sister and so she really pushed herself. 
Ashley's grade's turn! 
Ashley and one of her best friends Nathan ran together the entire time. They were the two longest runners of their grade also. I believe they got 18 laps. They are great runners! They helped push each other. I was so proud of Ashley! She's shorter and smaller and yet she could keep up and even help push and motivate Nathan, who is the best boy athlete in their grade. She's a determined, kindly competitive, hard-working girl!  
Andrew and the 5th graders were last. Andrew and James Bekker ran together the whole race and they also got the highest number of laps for their grade. They got 18. But, what's impressive about that is that his grade was running a larger lap because they unknowingly went about 20 more feet before making a turn, and the whole group did that. I was also so proud of Andrew. That was a lot of running at a fast pace and he never stopped to walk. He worked hard and was determined! 
Nathan and Ty
Katie's birthday present from Nana and Papa was a day at This is the Place Park. In October, each weekend day is called "Little Haunts" and most kids dress in costume. It's a little extra fun with trick or treating at the pioneer houses and a reptile exhibit. I came along too. We were there for hours and had a great time! 
Cherry Hill for Scary Hill with the cousins too. We love Cherry Hill all summer and then in the Fall we love Scary Hill too. There are bounce houses, bumper boats for the little kids, a playground, glow in the dark ball shoot, a maze, rock climbing, miniature golf and a tractor ride through a field of funny and creative skeletons. 
Hailey tried rock climbing for her first time. She was pretty scared of the height and didn't enjoy it. Maybe next year. 
Andrew is a good little climber and got to the top! 
I gave it a try. It was fun and I made it to the top of one of the easier routes. 
Ashley is a good climber too but, this time she was nervous. She wanted to come down but, we were all cheering for her to go, go, go so she did. She made it to the top and was happy to be done. 
The very next day we went back to Scary Hill. This time Andrew didn't come but, Ashley brought Becca and Nathan. It was cold but, we had fun until, unfortunately, it started to rain and we left. 
Andrew had Luke and Charlie over, plus 2 girls, Gwen and Maddie. Ashley's group of friends includes several boys and it's no big deal but, Andrew's grade has never played boys and girls together. It was kind of funny to watch. They played out back for a long time and then when it was cold and dark I took them down to the ward to play. I tried to give them space but, it's hard with little kids that want to play too. 
Papa worked hard to create a Halloween Spook Alley in their basement for the grandkids. It turned out amazing! On the Sunday before Halloween the kids all went through and some were seriously terrified! Papa and Nana sure love their family. 
The Fall leaves are so much fun! The kids (minus Ashley - I can't remember where she was) and cousins spent a long afternoon having the best time together!  
Jazz game for Hailey and me. It's so fun to spend time with Hailey!
Dinner at Nana and Papa's on Sunday before Halloween was complete with funny foods, the spook alley and games. 
We made this funny fruit tray.
Nana made jello in the shape of worms. She used straws to make it and they looked exactly like real worms. It was too gross for me to try but the big kids were brave. 

No comments: