November 16, 2015

November Part 1

Two little ladies helping me out at Smith's 
 We had a birthday dinner at the Farnsworth's house and Nate sure loved Hawkeye and his big bed. It's pretty disgusting really but, still pretty sweet. Nate has learned to love dogs from his dog loving older sisters. When he see a dog he yells, dog, dog dog, on repeat. It sounds like Dog but with a very light g. He does the same for cats, yelling Ca, ca, ca. He isn't a big talked but, I would say Dog is his first word. He used to say Uh, for Uh-oh but, not very often any more. He signs more and waves Hi and Bye.
 After Church, another nice day
Nate was NOT happy to be part of the picture. A few days later I learned he had double ear infections and one actually ruptured! He wasn't feeling great so he was sad and clingy but, still so good. 
 Another visit to Smith's. They found a camera and TV of themselves. 
 Ashley won the Road to Success reading program raffle prize....again. It was a very nice prize! Last time she won a Razor scooter. She is a lucky girl! 
 Hailey and Stella playing in the little bit of snow we had before it melted away. 
 These 2 (plus Nate) are my daytime sidekicks
Hailey went to a birthday superhero party for a preschool classmate. She sure loved it! 
A special treat for Cold Stone Ice Cream with our family
Ashley loving some Hawkeye time at Callie's Birthday Dinner
Reflections
Andrew entered 2 categories of Reflections this year. He was a winner in  the photography category and honorable mention in the visual arts. Ashley entered 3 categories this year. She won for visual arts and for literature. It was so much fun! The parents whose children have won are invited to the assembly. Usually you know what they have won ahead of time but, I had only been told that Ashley won something and Andrew might have so, it was a really fun surprise when their names were called for special honors 4 different times! 
 
Unfortunately, Andrew wasn't feeling well at all. He went to school because he really didn't want to miss the assembly. When I walked into the auditorium he came straight to me and said he didn't feel well. I asked if he needed to throw up and he said yes. We ran out in the hall, saw a big garbage can with a sack inside and ran for it. He threw up right in the garbage can. I was so happy that he made it and glad I was there. During the assembly he sat in the back with me except to go to the front for his awards. I took him home with me afterwards, of course. 
Can you believe how handsome he is, even when he's sick?!
 Boxes are always a favorite toy
 We rotate date nights with the kids and Dave and I. We are lucky to get free tickets to Jazz games from Dave's parents sometimes. Hailey loves going, because she loves getting a treat. 
 Kate takes a nap when she wants to and not when she doesn't. She is different than Hailey in that she often puts herself into her bed and naps, rather than some funny place. 
Cutie Hay Hay home from a preschool day
 Football  games continued into November and then, finally, it ended. Hallelujah! 
Nate somehow ended up with a sticker stick stuck in his hair. I thought it was so funny, especially since I didn't know how it happened. As a fifth child he sure has different experiences than Andrew did as firstborn. There are pros and cons to both. 
Nate likes dogs so much. We're lucky to have neighbors with sweet dogs. 
Hailey dresses herself and it's fun to see what outfits she puts together. She is very picky about socks and shoes and goes crazy if they feel bunchy or itchy at all. 
Cute Kate
The sucker was so sticky that I let him play for a minute before taking a tubby to get it out gently. 
(Curious George Christmas on for the little girls)
After Church. It's pretty hard to take a picture where everyone is looking and smiling at the same time. So, here's a few so that everyone has a good one. 
Ashley is an incredible big sister!
Ashley wanted to take one of Nate and I too
A play date pile up. Hailey had Jemima J over and Kate had Millie H. 
Ready for pictures with Santa! It is always in November and sure gets us in the Christmas spirit! 
Our 10th annual visit to see the same Santa we've gone to since Andrew was a few months old! Seeing the 10 years of pictures lined up is very special! I really love this nice looking Santa. Poor Nate had his double ear infections and wasn't feeling right yet, so he was really upset to be held by anyone other than me. He didn't want to sit on Santa's lap so he is actually photo shopped in. I sat in the chair and he stood like this and took a pretty good picture. Poor kid, he felt better a few days later. 

No comments: