We left for the beach early on a Friday morning and after a really easy drive this year, we made it there in time to have dinner at Charlie's, walk on the Pier and check the fisherman's buckets, and check in to our hotel. The next morning we checked out early and headed straight to the beach to start one of our favorite weeks of the year at our yellow beach house.
~
The kids don't skip a beat! Even though the first day started out overcast, they were out in the water immediately and had a blast all day long. The rest of the week we kept busy by not being busy at all. We played in the ocean, boogie boarded, built sand castles, caught sand crabs, played at the playgrounds, took short walks and rides on the boardwalk, looked for caught fish up on the pier, played under the pier, jumped off life guard towers, played baseball, horseshoes, paddle ball and bocce, and all the typical beach fun.
Ready for Church
At the temple doors. Ashley and Andrew chose to stay for the 3 hour block (just like last year) with their more righteous grandparents, aunt, uncle and cousins. Dave and I headed back to the house with the babes.
It's an annual tradition to get a picture after church on our steps. We just ask anyone passing by to take it. This year's photographer just barely got Hailey in.
I noticed that I made it into a total of 3 pictures this year at the beach - and that's only because they're group shots. Someday my kids will look through the pictures and wonder if they were raised by a single Dad.
Katie scooted all around belly style
Andrew and Joe with the kiddie pool

This year Andrew had a great time boogie boarding. One day he scared me TO DEATH! I knew he had just taken the boogie board out while I was busy with Katie, because I had helped him secure the strap around his wrist. I couldn't spot him for a few minutes and then we saw him WAY out there, alone. He was so, so, so far out there. The tide was gentle and the water was shallow for such a long time that he just kept on going and going. He couldn't hear me yelling to him and he was all alone. I started to go out to him and was up to my waist in no time and still no where near to him (I never get in past my waist, it's too cold for me) but, I didn't know if I'd be able to get out to him even if I wanted to or if I'd be able to get him back with me. Dave was gone and so Uncle Russ saved the day by swimming all the way out to him and telling him to come in. Andrew did come in all on his own and was completely fine but, it was so scary to think that he was so far away, that I didn't know if I would be able to get to him and that if anything went wrong he could be gone in an instant.
Boogie boarding with his idol, Joe.
We had great weather most of the time, and sweatshirt weather a bit here and there too.
Hailey and William. William loves to follow Hailey around and do what she's doing. Hailey loves the attention, most the time.
One night everyone went to the Angels Baseball game, except me and my precious babies. We went for a lovely walk, got donuts and icecream and went to bed at a reasonable hour.
The cute cousins after breakfast out one morning.
I had to include this one because Hailey cracks us up all the time with her "feast your eyes" pose.
Seeing the fresh fish
Chasing the birds
Sweet Hailey gets nervous about new things most the time but, we were pleasantly surprised that she wasn't timid at the beach and she loved playing in the ocean waves.
Wave jumper and sand crab catcher extraordinaire!
Her LOVE of animals knows no bounds
Each year we have a 3-day Horseshoe Competition. The winner's name gets inscribed in the trophy and they get to store it for an entire year. This year Dave won while I got knocked out during the first round.
Happy 4th of July! We are usually at the beach over the 24th but, needed to switch it up this year. Everyone warned us that it would be crazy but, we had a great time and barely even noticed any extra crowd.
That morning we went to a fun little carnival. Kids eat this stuff up and were in heaven with the games and bounce houses. Ashley was especially lucky to see lots of dogs dressed up patriotically. I have become an old lady because the carnival was great except the loud music made my head ache!
Dancing in line
Ashley does everything with energy
Worn out on the beach on the 4th
Andrew and Dave are good!
Just finished with their daily dose of Slurpees!
My family; so lucky that their mine.
We saw several small firework shows from our rooftop patio at the end of a happy, fun day
We love to go to the playground on 15th a few mornings. This year I would rollerblade and push Hailey and Katie in the jogger, Andrew scootered and poor Ashley switched between running and sitting on the edge of the stroller. A playground in sand is the best!
Isn't she darling!?
We love to play under the Pier. We even spotted a big crab.
Ashley girl
My babies
Playing in the ocean on our last evening
We ate at Charlie's on our last night. Ashley was so worn out she fell asleep with her mouth full.
We were so lucky to have had such a great year! I'm really glad to have married into a family with this fun vacation tradition!









































































3 comments:
cute pictures! Cant wait until I we get to go!!!
Great pictures!! Your family is darling!
Man, that looks so fun! Take me with you next time!
Post a Comment