February 12, 2013

Tooth Fairy, Passing Out, B-Ball, Skiing, and Cute Katie, of Course

Andrew's first loose tooth began wiggling on January 10th. He was so excited! It wiggled more and more for a few weeks. The night before it fell out it was so loose he was having the hardest time getting it to stay in it's right spot so he could close his mouth and go to sleep. Then first thing in the morning of January 29th he woke up and came into my room and I asked him how his tooth was. He opened his mouth to show me and I barely even touched it and it feel right into my hand. It was such a surprise that I sort-of screamed and then laughed. Andrew was pretty shocked too, and lucky that it didn't even hurt one bit. The Tooth Fairy came that night with a few dollars and a note. I remember well when that first little tooth started popping up when my Andrew baby still crawled and now, my oh my how grown up he is.
Andrew loves legos. He does not like having sisters around when he is working and demands his alone time!
 Kate the cute a few days past 4 months old. She's so quick to smile at anyone. She is a beautiful and content little baby.
 Katie had her 4 month doctor visit. She is skinny like the others but, surprised us by being so long! Katie weighed 12.2 lbs (16%) and measured 25.79 in (92%). Her weight is a little lower than her big sisters at her age but, close and her height beats her sisters for sure!
It was a really eventful, horrible trip to the doctor. I only had Katie and Hailey, while the big kids were at school. We sat in the waiting room for only about a minute and then the nurse called for our turn. Hailey was still wearing her puffy coat, which is a little awkward to mover around in. When she tried to stand up from the chair she was sitting on she fell right off of it and bonked the back of her head - and hard. I picked her up and she was crying hard and arching her back away from me, which was weird. When I brought her head up to my shoulder her eyes rolled back, she went limp and passed out. I was keeping my eyes on her mouth as I laid her down on the couch, because she had a piece of fruit leather in there and I didn't have a free hand yet so I was most scared of chocking. The receptionist and nurse watched all this and called for our doctor and he came out just a few seconds later. By the time I laid her all the way down she was back, the doctor was there and she was scared but ok. She did the exact same thing in December after a hard fall. The doctor gave her a check and said she's just fine and her body did just the natural thing which I guess is to go limp so that the airway can relax and open up because she couldn't catch her breath from the shock of a big fall and crying so hard. The other part of the visit I could have done without was when my generally laid back doctor said that Katie ought to be reaching out for toys more...what? I feel like I spend so much time holding Katie but, maybe not enough time playing with her. Luckily, she is so social, smiley, rolls over occasionally, and now that I've been trying more she is reaching a little bit too. I don't usually get overwhelmed but, feeling like I need to do more for my newborn was a bit much for me.
~
 This has been the winter kids dream about; tons of big snow storms and piles of snow that don't melt! One day 2 of our Herriman cousins, Alyssa and Ethan, could play while off-track. We sure missed Damon now that he's in junior high, and Andrew thought he'd die when he had to leave the fun to go to Kindergarten. 
A few days later the kids on the street were sledding on the huge mounds of snow pushed by the snow plows. Our street couldn't be flatter but, our snow hill at the end of the circle is impressive and it lasted all week. The best part was that the sun came out and the kids played for hours. 
Katie at 4 months and a week
 For several days she was so busy blowing bubbles that it was hard to catch her without her tongue out and her chin covered in drool. 
This one is my favorite! Working hard to blow bubbles
  Andrew had his last Jr. Jazz game of the season. Such a good group of boys! Andrew loved each game, and I was impressed at how much he and his friends improved. He loved having Dave as the coach too. At the last game he scored 3 baskets, dribbled down the floor several times, passed, always remembered good hands up defense and was a good teammate too. Seth, Joey, Liam, James, Owen, Andrew, and Luke, missing Matt. 
Taking his turn on the bench - the hardest part of the game! 
Ashley having another fun afyernoon in the snow, loving the snowball maker toy. She is such a ham and has the best facial expressions. Happy
Suspicious
 Scared
 Surprised
 More Happy
More of my Katie girl
Katie always loves her nightly tub. Even if she is fussy a tub makes her happy and calm. And afterwards she looks so cute and rosy, and smells like heaven. Here's Katie after her tub. 
 Nearly 4 and a half months here. She isn't quite strong enough for this toy yet but, she's getting used to it. 
Ashley and Hailey were fighting over pushing the buttons on Katie's toy, so Ash picked her up and dragged her away. Hilarious. So much fighting, all.day.long. Best Frienemies for sure! It's exhausting and I've just about given up trying to stop all of them. Innocent Katie is watching and taking notes on how it's done. 
 Andrew and Ashley finished up their Brighton Ski lessons. Ashley amazed us by being the very youngest in her level yet the toughest. She loves to ski and is getting good too. She can almost keep up with Andrew and I bet she'll give him a run next year. Andrew developed a few bad habits trying to go faster but, still impressed us by being one of the best 2 or 3 in his highest level class.
Ashley and her teacher Jordan 
 Andrew, Ashley and Andrew's great buddy Matt, all done for the day.
We wanted to get rid of a supporting wall in our basement to open it up and so we had to have a huge steel beam put up in it's place. The beam is over 20 feet long and weighed over 2,000 lbs! The crane they brought to move the beam was huge! The kids had fun watching it go up, up, up. 
An After Church photo shoot, looking especially cute for Valentine's week. 
Hailey's face says it all in this picture. She has some serious 2-year old baby drama lately, which is probably why she isn't in many pictures lately! Happy Valentines!
Sweet Ashley is a great big sister and loves Katie

No comments: