July 12, 2011

4th of July!

Ready for Church on the 3rd of July
 I asked Dave to take a picture of Andrew, Ashley and I, before church (Hailey has napping), since I'm hardly ever in pictures. But, with my giggling, goofball kiddos this is what we got. 
The 4th of July is one of our favorite holidays. One of our traditions is that I go "camping" with my kids. We set up the tent in our empty dining room and have the perfect camping experience. They love sleeping in the tent and I love sleeping inside! On the morning of the 4th we all slept in, in the tent, and sadly, completely missed the East Millcreek parade, so we had to hurry to get to the fun carnival at the end of the parade route, just down the street from us. 
 It's so fun for the kids. They loved the bounce houses, carnival games, getting their faces painted and just being a part of the party. 
That night we did small fireworks and sparklers in front of our house before heading up to Nana and Papa's for a great view of all the city fireworks.
Andrew is super excited about fireworks!
Andrew and Papa
In other news: Ashley is potty trained!!! It wasn't horrible or easy, just somewhere in between. I'm loving it! She is so good about it and hasn't had an accident in over a week and stays dry all night too! Hailey's top middle, right, tooth showed up at the first of July, and also the one to the right of it. Her other top middle tooth just appeared too. All of my kids have been great teethers, we never know they're teething until after a tooth pops up. She also started clapping and climbs all the way up the stairs too. And, since little Hailey she didn't even make it on to the charts for weight at 9 months, I decided to start supplementing with formula as much as she would. She had only had a bottle a few times and never formula but, she liked it immediately. By 10 months she was only nursing once each day, right before bedtime. Andrew is swimming! He refuses to wear floaties; so I feel anxious from the minute he gets in until he gets out. But, he is swimming from side to side and all around and doing great. He especially loves to go off diving boards and swim to the side. He does not like to be helped one bit and gets mad if I try to. 

3 comments:

Jill J said...

So fun! I love all the red outfits. You and the kids are beautiful.

Becca said...

Looks like you guys are loving summer! Ah, I wish it never ended!

Sarah said...

How cute are all those red outfit pictures. I love the one of Ashley alone because she just reminds me of you with her head tilted and such a sweet little smile. I miss you so much! It looks like you have been having such a fun summer. I am so jealous as I am roasting to death in hot humid 110 degree weather every day all alone. boo hoo!