This post is picture overload! That's what happens when the 4th of July is on a weekend and is celebrated for 3 days in a row.
The 3rd of July: First we went to the East Millcreek Parade and Carnival. Apparently it's a huge deal and has been going on for over 60 years; I had no idea. You can watch the parade or be in it with bikes, etc. We asked Andrew what he wanted to do and he obviously wanted to be in it, so we got in the big line up to walk in the parade (still thinking this was a tiny neighborhood parade that 100 people would be watching). We were very surprised, and a little embarrased, to see that people go all out with really decorated bikes, big floats, and bags of candy to throw to the hundreds of spectators. It was so busy I didn't even take a picture. At the end is a huge carnival and the kids loved using tickets to play funny games and go in all the bounce houses. We had fun but, next year I'll know what to expect.
Playing on Papa and Nana's balcony before dinner.
We did sparklers and watched the Sugarhouse Fireworks
The 4th of July: After 3 hours of church the kids just weren't in the mood for pictures!
The 5th of July: 'Hiking' in Nana's backyard! The Price's have the best backyard for exploring and the best view of the city for fireworks. We loved watching the Country Club firework show this year the most.
Searching for bugs
We had a great 4th of July! Hope you did too!
3 comments:
Wow - it looks like a blast! I still can't believe how quickly Ashley has grown up - in my mind she's still a baby - it's just crazy to me. Anyhow - I have to say the most impressive thing is how many festive outfits you have - they are sooo cute!
your kiddos are getting so big! i was used to seeing them every week at little gym! carmen wore that same fourth of july outfit as ashley - so cute! glad you guys had a good holiday!
I love Ashley's 4th of July bows! Where can I get some?
Post a Comment