January 5, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Isn't Christmas wonderful! This year was especially great; just magical for Andrew, fun for Ashley and relaxing for Dave and me. On Christmas morning we were home to open presents and Dave's parents and brother came over to enjoy the kiddos too. We loved having them and the yummy breakfast they brought. We were home all afternoon too so we took it slow and both kids had fabulous naps in their own beds to recharge for more fun that night.
To say I went overboard for the kids for Christmas would be a huge understatement! I wrapped each present the day it was bought and hid it away so by the time I pulled it out on Christmas Eve the stash was huge and I didn't even realize it! I even stole a few of the presents back and hid them away to save so, I'm all set for the next few holidays!

Below: Ashley with her two favorite presents; a Fur Real Cat (check out the way Ashley kisses, open mouth and wet!), and a $1 stick horse. It's hard to say what Andrew liked most, he's so happy and excited about everything. The cutest thing is that he opened each present, enjoyed it, showed it to everyone, and was grateful too. He was so sweet to Ashley too, helping her and being excited for her, it really was a magical day. Christmas Night playing a quick game of Hungry Hippo before going to Nana's and Papa's house. They love this game!
Our best attempt at a family picture on Christmas
The cute Price cousins with their stockings
 My side of the family had our parties during the week before Christmas - it was so great to be able to enjoy each one without being rushed! The Warnock cousins looking great in their new PJs from Grandpa Bob and Bonnie.
Dogpile! Andrew usually initiates this kind of rough housing with the big kids and Ashley, on the left, always wants to be part of the craziness.
Andrew loves jammies, and he wanted to wear his new Grandpa Bob jammies for days on end. In this ensemble he added Papa's boots, Cowboy Woody's hat, and his favorite pal Flippy the dog.

Christmas Eve Party at the Price's. The Nativity.  
We had a fun sledding party at my sister's house on the Tuesday before Christmas too. Andrew was so excited to go sledding with his cousins but, he had a quick stomache flu bug and threw up as we drove up - bummer! We also went sledding on Monday night with the Price cousins before we knew Andrew was sick, so they took a turn throwing up over the next couple days too! Then Andrew was on the mend but, threw up late Christmas Eve and acted a little sick for about an hour on Christmas morning then, all better! Anyway, no pictures of that stuff, thank heavens!
~
I think this was one of my happiest, most wonderful Christmases yet. It was wonderful to celebrate our first Christmas in our new home. It feels so much like home that it was hard for me to remember that this was our first year here. How incredibly grateful I am for the birth of our Savior, and the many blessings I've been given, most especially my husband and two beautiful children.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous you had such a relaxing day! Andrew and Ashley are adorable as always!!!

katherine said...

what a magical day!!! i love it!!

Maughan"sters" said...

Your kids DID get spoiled!!
Ashlyn got a kitchen too :)

{littlefam} said...

looks like you guys had a great christmas! the holiday pajamas are adorable!