July 15, 2009

So Proud and So Pretty!

Andrew has been in swim lessons at Dive Utah for the past 2 weeks. On the first day he was happy and excited and he liked the games his teacher played...until one game was to get dunked and try to pick things up under the water...Cue tears and terror. The next day I had to trick him into going, and then had to force him into the water, Wednesday was the same. Thursday he was hysteric at home and didn't want to go, even with all the rewards I could offer. He cried the majority of the lesson. At that point I was thinking he just wasn't ready, it was too hard, and we'd quit. Then, Friday there was a switch...he got in the water on his own accord, he wore the goggles happily, he smiled and waved at me, he played with his 3 classmates, he didn't cry at all and he did all the little drills and games great. Oh I was so happy and so proud! Monday: awesome again, Tuesday: so fun, loved it. Wednesday; Hooray! My favorite moment was when cute little Andrew walked slowly out on the very long, very bouncy diving board. But then in true Andrew form he did a great big JUMP right to his teacher. After every lesson he tells me, 'I'm so proud of myself', Oh little man, I'm so proud of you too!
My great friend was so nice to let us borrow this gorgeous tutu outfit for Ashley's pictures - THANK YOU! We took a few extra pictures at home just for fun.
Smooshy Loves

Enough Already!

4 comments:

katherine said...

i miss you guys! andrew is amazing with all his swimming, what a fish. and ashley looks darling int he big tutu! how fun!! have fun on your trip!! let's please get together when you get home! i hope to not be so busy in August!!

Jill J said...

That is a lot of frills on a little girl!! Hooray for the triumph over the swim lessons!

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

Cute outfit on a cute little girl! I miss you guys lets get together soon!

Maughan"sters" said...

We should get the boys together to go swimming now that Andrew is a pro!
I love that tutu...I think I need to find out where your friend got it so I can get Ashlyn one!