I felt a little bad that we hadn't planned a getaway for Spring Break but, it was a short break and we filled our days with fun close to home. Spring Break this year started April 2nd.
Hailey spent the days leading up to Spring Break by decorating and redecorating our house for Easter over and over again. I sometimes feel overwhelmed by my daily duties so I was actually grateful she wanted the job and was happy it was festive for the kids, though the mess got to me.
The kids had half day school on Wednesday. Andrew had his friends Seth and Job over to play, Ashley went to play at David B's house and Hailey went to Clara's 'Frozen' Birthday party.
She loved it!
Jumping on the LovSac beanbag at home
That evening Andrew and Ashley both had soccer practice
Thursday was cold. That morning we woke up and headed to the Aquarium. Our annual pass expired the next day so I wanted to use it one more time. We arrived early, beat the crowd and had a lot of fun.
The Aquarium has a big, indoor playground we haven't been able to visit until now. It was really fun and they all loved it and played for a long time!
I spy Andrew and Ashley
After the Aquarium we went home to eat lunch and then met up with the Farnsworth cousins. We played at the arcade and then went bowling. It was great.
Hailey and Kate love to use the ramp.
Nate was smiley and happy as usual!
Andrew had one really wiggly tooth. He loved to smile funny so that just that tooth stuck out.
That night we met Dave at work, got dinner at the food court and went to the new Cinderella Movie
On Friday morning I took the kids up to Cherry Hill since we had free passes. We always have fun there. There were no lines art all which was wonderful.
The little girls love the bumper boats. Andrew is too tall for the boats.
Andrew made it to the top on two of the routes. He tried the other two more difficult ones and didn't make it but I was impressed with his courage and work. Dave has tried these and hasn't been able to do all of them, so they really are difficult.
Nathan slept through most the morning. He woke up for Mini Golf.
The next day was Saturday and Conference. We dyed Easter Eggs and spent much of the day watching Conference, putting away laundry, tidying up and just playing at home. Dave went to Priesthood Meeting that evening. Andrew's tooth fell out that day, on Easter Eve, and so the Tooth Fairy came that night.
After the kids were asleep I put together their simple Easter Baskets and hid the plastic eggs. Andrew and Ashley both know that Dave and I hide the eggs and fill their baskets. We don't talk about the bunny much so I'm not sure what Hailey thinks at this point.
Sunday was Easter and Conference too. They had such fun searching for eggs! And we always enjoy when we get to watch Conference.
I had had enough of Easter mess and decorations and by lunchtime it was all packed up and ready for storage. We went to Nana and Papa's in the late afternoon for an Egg Hunt and Easter Dinner.
That night the cousins slept over at our house and played all Monday morning until lunch time. That evening Andrew had baseball hitting practice and Ashley started a new session of Tumbling at a gym closer to home.
The next day was Tuesday and the last day of the break. Dave took the day off work. Hailey went to her Art and Dance class at Tanner Dance in the morning. When she came home it was nearly lunchtime and Nana came over to babysit the 3 little ones while Dave, Andrew, Ashley and I went skiing at Brighton on some free passes. It was their last ski day of the season and my first and last day all at once. We felt like the only people on the mountain and had so much fun together.
That night Ashley went to dance and I was more sad than the kids that it was a school night. Can't wait for summer break!
No comments:
Post a Comment