May 3, 2014

Easter 2014

The night before Easter we went to dinner with my family and had a great time. We had such a busy day that Saturday! By the time we got home and put the kids to bed I could barely drag myself to set up for Easter Morning. 
 Luckily, I did get everything hidden and put out. 
Ashley is well aware that the Easter Bunny is me. I told her honestly last year and she loves knowing such a big secret. I told Andrew too but, he didn't like that and so we dropped it. Now I don't know what he thinks but, my guess is that he just loves to believe in the magic. Ashley is forbidden to tell any friends or even Andrew. A few times she'd look at me and smile a knowing smile and more than a few times she begged me to let her tell him again but, I figure if he wants to believe than he can choose that. I am not a scrooge, the kids love the egg hunts, candy and being spoiled an extra day. However, I feel that Easter is so very important that I don't want to associate it with a bunny that has no symbolism of the true meaning of Easter. 
Ashley has been sleeping in Dave's t-shirts. She loves it and it's pretty darling. 
Hailey loves her blanket oh so much!
She even insisted that I take a picture of blanket all by himself. 
Love those missing teeth and new teeth smiles
We are perpetually late for Church, even on Easter. The kids looked beautiful and I snapped their picture in the Church parking lot so that they could get it over with early. I didn't notice how shadowy the lighting was so early in the morning but, they're beautiful still.  
Just time for two or three quick pictures after church. 
Ashley and Hailey were not in the picture mood so, I took what I could get. 
Hailey chose to have her Easter nap out on the trampoline
We had dinner and an egg hunt at Nana and Papa's that night. 
Hailey has been coloring "Tiger Stripes" on herself day after day. 
 Ashley already had so much chocolate in her mouth that she could hardly talk or show a regular smile. 

No comments: