July 1, 2012

Slip N Slide

We spend a lot of time playing with water in the backyard. We have lots of friends and cousins over, and sometimes just us. Grandpa Bob is a genius and last summer he installed a hot water line to our hose, making the slip n slide oh so warm and fun, at least until the hot water runs out. 
 This day we were lucky enough to have our biggest cousin, Damon, for the day. (We've been anxiously waiting for his little sister and brother to get out of year-round school!) Damon is a mini version of his Dad, Shawn, and we love them both. Damon is also a big, blond-haired version of Andrew. 
I love the picture below because his expression and everything about him, really, screams I am a Warnock! He couldn't be sweeter to my kids and I don't think they could look up to him any more than they already do. 
 By the end the slip n slide was back to cold-brrr! Luckily, the kiddie pool was still hot as a jacuzzi. 

1 comment:

sonya said...

How fun to have a genius grandpa, an awesome cousin, a fabulous mom and I slip and slide! I am so happy to see those beautiful smiles on children having so much fun. Thanks for sharing it with us.