I love summer and I love watching my kids love summer too. Andrew and Ashley finished up 3 weeks of swim lessons. I like backyard pools with laid back teachers. The first 2 weeks were with Alexa, just around the corner.
Alexa is super sweet and fun. They look forward to the end of the session because they get to go the diving board and slide on the last day.
Hailey is mostly bored and difficult during lessons but, sometimes she takes a break to cheer on the swimmers. She also loves to throw any left out pool toys back in the pool. One day she really clocked Ashley in the head; beware.
Hailey really loves the swings hanging from the big tree in the front yard.
The big kids like that part too.
The next week was with Spencer, which is about a 2 minute drive up the street. Ashley loves and trusts Spencer very much and began swimming even more bravely. Spencer was in shock when he learned that Ashley was only 3, turning 4. He said she could do some things that some of his 7 year-olds can't. She can swim alone a very short distance, to the arms of someone she trusts. I am very proud of her! Ashley's favorite friends are boys, she really loves her daddy, and though she does great with her female teachers, she seems happiest when she has a male teacher in swimming, primary, etc. It's very interesting if nothing else.
Andrew loves Spencer because his lessons are so laid back and Andrew gets to swim all over the pool when it's someone else's turn. I love that too. Spencer plays a lot of games and without knowing it, Andrew was really challenged to keep up with the 2 8-year olds we shared a class with. Andrew is swimming very well and it's so fun to watch. Most of my swim pictures of him look just like this one.

Loving the Diving Board
If only we had our own pool!

1 comment:
Leslie, I agree, backyard pools are the best for swimming lessons. Hyrum Cannon's sister Abby taught me how to swim in their pool and I loved it enough to keep swimming! Your kids are really brave! WoW!
Post a Comment