January 3, 2012

Christmas Magic!

We had a wonderful Christmas again this year. Christmas with children is magic! We enjoyed it all month long. And, like I bragged to everyone, I was so ready for Christmas a whole month early, that it was all stress free (except for neighbor gifts, which I put off until the last week). 
~
On Christmas morning Ashley woke up first and came and snuggled in my bed at about 8:00. She had completely forgotten. Andrew woke up at about 8:15 and I saw him run past my door and down the stairs. He came right back up excited as could be to tell us that Santa had come! We walked down the stairs to see and sure enough, Andrew was right. The kids opened their stockings and I laughed out loud at how much they loved everything, even though the stockings weren't so amazing. Nana, Papa and Rich came over for a yummy breakfast and a little after 9 we started opening the presents. Hailey was exhausted from the party the night before and didn't wake up until we were just about done, at almost 11 I think!
Here's cute Ashley with Woody. He is a beloved present from last Christmas who just had to come see. 
 Here's my favorite present. I wanted one of these my entire childhood! 
 The before...
 And after...Andrew's most favorite things were his power rangers, army set, scooter, nerf gun, and spiderman and transformer guys. He loves everything and is really easy to please. Ashley says she loves every present, which is true. This year she is still way into dogs, and loved getting tons of stuffed dogs. She loved her dinosaur train, big dinosaur and all the Tangled figures. 
I can't help but spoil my kids, it's too fun. 
 Hailey finally woke up! Yeah!  
 Our Utah weather has been warm. On Christmas morning the kids took their new 'monster truck' out for a test drive. Andrew's been driving the neighbor's for a long time so he is a great, fast driver. 
 Ashley needs some practice but, she loves being passenger. When she was driving Dave told her to look at the road, so she stuck her head out and stared straight down at the street.
We had afternoon church, which felt so perfect. I wish we could always go to Church on Christmas.
 That evening we headed back to the Price's for another incredible dinner and presents too. Nana made each of the grand kids a fleece blanket. They were all cute but, Andrew and Ashley won the prize for best blankets! Andrew's has spiderman on one side and balls on the other. Ashley's has Clifford the big red dog with blue on one side and blue and grey dogs with red on the other. They sleep with them every night. They are so cozy I'm ready to steal one for myself.
Hailey, Ashley, Andrew, Joe, Callie, Lizzie (missing William)
 Joe gave Andrew a jersey to his favorite Football team. 
 Ashley also got the most perfect gift. Nana and Papa gave her a stuffed dog/pillow that is way bigger than her and as soft as can be. She called him Hawkeye immediately (named after our cousins huge dog that looks exactly the same) and drags him all around our house. Just his head is wider than her whole body. 
 Hailey also loves big Hawkeye dog, and I think we better go buy another pretty soon. As a side note, Ashley's new name for Hailey is Tooty Pants, and when we ask her why she says 'because I love her so much'. I'm glad it isn't because she has tooty pants so much. 
 Ashley was thrilled each time she opened another dog. She has a full pound filling up 3 baskets now, and she just can't get enough. 
Hope your Christmas was Merry too!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Looks like you guys just had a wonderful Christmas!! So much fun!!

Karly said...

Girl you are SO SKINNY! Your family is adorable as always.... Happy New Year to you!!

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

Oh man so much fun..you know the Walkers are going to have to come over and ride that jeep!!!!!!