August 23, 2011

Best Time of the Year

I can't say enough about how much I LOVE summertime. Here's what we've been up to lately. 
My neighbors gave me the ingenious idea to run a hot water line to our outside hose. It was an easy project (for my fix-it Dad), inexpensive, and sooo completely worth it. The kids, neighbors, and cousins can't get enough of the hot water slip n slide, sprinklers and kiddie pool. It is amazing!
Cute Ashley and her 9 month younger cousin William started holding hands and going down the slide in their own army crawl kind of way. 
Andrew begged and begged me to have a cookie sale! I told him what letters to write for his yellow sign and Ashley made an orange sign with a drawing of a cookie. We live on a cul-de-sac so it was a long wait for customers. After they ate their share they had 4 cookies left to sell!
Lucky Hailey grabbed a cookie and had her first delicious taste! She couldn't think of anything else the rest of the night!
Andrew is my official bottle feeder whenever I'm busy or driving the car. It is life saving!
We have loved going up Millcreek Canyon with family or with friends. Andrew and Ashley love short hikes and lots of exploring.
Long evening walks are the best in the summer. 
 One night on a long walk we stopped to play with some soccer balls that had been left out on the Skyline field. Don't you love Andrew's soccer uniform; a swimsuit, bike helmet and water shoes. 
 We spent a hot Saturday at This is the Place Park. We felt like we had the place practically to ourselves, probably because every family car was parked over at the zoo. Ashley loves animals more than anything! She was in heaven to be inside the cage with all the farm animals. 
 Who doesn't love a pony ride?
 The highlights are the small train, panning for gold and animals, of course.
 Hailey Baby is such a trooper. She goes from place to place for her big brother and sister and is just so flexible and pleasant. She is super busy and into everything but, I am always amazed at what a happy, good baby she is!
We've hit the zoo a few times, which my kids always love even despite the heat! 
 In these pictures we also have our cousins Damon, Alyssa and Ethan with us. They came to play at our house about twice a month throughout the summer and we all loved it. They are so fun and big helpers too, so I've been able to take them fun places. I was so sad to see them start school again! 
Having Fun at the Park. Hailey is all giggles in the swing. 
 Andrew, best buddy/neighbor Daniel, and Ashley. We are also bummed to see Daniel heading back to school!
 Our family at Cherry Hill, (and cute Mia Rowland too). We love it there, it so family friendly. 
Thanksgiving Point with friends. Cole, Andrew, Hailey, Ashley, Cameron, Ty, and Mara. 
Bees Game

1 comment:

Christy said...

I can't agree with you more - Summer is the BEST!!!! Especially at your house - love the warm water idea - I need to seriously look into that! You guys have a lot of fun!