Andrew and I went skiing for our last time of the season this week. I have had a lot of fun this winter having an activity for just the two of us. I think we went 8 times to Alta and one practice day on a tiny slope on our side yard. He got better and better each time and I've gotten a little better at teaching too.
Andrew can do flatter areas all alone. He needs help with stopping and confidence in steeper areas, so he skis right behind me and we each hold on to one end of one of my poles and he does great. I've spent all season skiing in a pizza wedge and I hope that once I'm done teaching kids to ski, I will be able to ski with french fries too ;)
I'm most proud of him for learning to not cry when he falls and to not fall down on purpose if he is scared; both big accomplishments. He has great balance and once he's a bit bigger and stronger it will all come together really well.
Andrew's favorite part of skiing has to be looking for beads in the trees while we're on the chair lift. He also likes going fast with help, his helmet, playing 'get mom' games and getting to watch a show of his choice on the drive (below).
I'm so proud of Andrew for being brave and happy to try something that is new and a little scary. He is a great little skier and best of all is that he really likes it and asks to go. Good work Andrew!





2 comments:
I seriously can not believe that Andrew is old enough to do all these things. Your kids are so unbelievably cute and I sure miss our play dates and you.
Wow to both of you! Good work!
Post a Comment